VAT Returns

Why do I need to submit a VAT Return?

If your annual turnover is above £85,000 per year, you must register for Value Added Tax (VAT). Once registered you will have a number of obligations to fulfil including adding VAT to customer sales, keeping sufficient records and submitting quarterly or annual tax returns, depending on your chosen scheme. If you sell digital goods or services within the EU, you will also be required to register for the VAT Moss scheme and pay VAT rates based on the country of your consumer.

How can we help?

As HMRC Agents for VAT we can assist you with all aspects of your VAT and VAT Moss requirements. We can help with registering, calculating and submitting your VAT returns and keeping adequate records so you are fully prepared in case of a VAT investigation by HMRC. Making Tax Digital is also on it's way and we can help you prepare for the change which comes into affect for small businesses on 1st April 2019.

VAT Returns Processes

  • assist with your VAT and/or VAT Moss registration
  • account for VAT on qualifying sales
  • convert non-sterling sales receipts (money in)
  • process purchase claims
  • review VAT records each quarter
  • calculate VAT liability or refunds
  • submit VAT returns to HMRC in line with your scheme requirements
  • generate and submit EC sales list each month

More Information

For further information or to discuss your requirements, please contact us on 01395 320316 or email